Auditions / Employment
Job Title: Technician
Job Description / Duties:
Working under the Technical Director this is a full time
seasonal contract position as a key member of the
Production Team at a mid-size Professional Regional Theatre in Prince George B.C. This position has a focus on carpentry during the set construction period, utilizing the PM’s build drawings from designers then converts into prepping lighting and sound installation. Upon Tech week and for the run of the show the Technician works either as a booth tech running lights and sound, or as backstage tech, followed by strike duties and ad hoc needs. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver, creative thinker, and be able to work in a small team environment.
– Working knowledge of theatrical building practices with wood.
– Experience with moving scenery.
– Working knowledge of traditional building materials and a willingness to try new ones.
– Working knowledge and basic maintenance understanding of hanging and focusing theatrical lighting and sound equipment.
– Must be able to maneuver a 24’ extension ladder for hanging and focusing lights.
– The candidate must have a valid class 5 driver’s license.
– The candidate must have their fall arrest certification.
– Professional training from established theatre production program preferred.
– Familiarity with projections a bonus.
Established in 1994 Theatre NorthWest is a professional regional theatre dedicated to bringing audiences a wide range of plays drawn from the contemporary Canadian and International repertoire. Theatre artists are contracted for each production from across Canada to work with our resident staff in order to bring together a four-play mainstage season and two play Presentation Series which runs from early September to end of May. TNW is a CTA Category F House and focuses on modern plays in an intimate 220 Seat theatre in Prince
George BC and is the largest cultural nonprofit in Northern BC serving a vast demography of over 500 km. and with a newly expanded mandate that includes a richer diverse programming scheme as well as a deep community engagement. Now the largest arts organization in the northern two-thirds of British Columbia, Theatre NorthWest
boasts the most paid attendance, most annual performances, and high subscription rates. Theatre NorthWest is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
PLEASE CONTACT PM(AT)THEATRENORTHWEST.COM FOR MORE DETAILS OR TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION